Each year since 1987, our members join us for various reasons and use our spaces according to their needs, from business meetings and family gatherings in our private rooms, breakfast, lunch or dinner in the dining room, to get together for a drink in the library-bar or the garden, to take advantage of the Guerlain spa or the fitness room, or to take part in the events we organize for them.
We offer them a constant support as well as the personal and caring service that characterizes Relais & Châteaux properties.
The glorious Napoleon 3rd mansion that houses the Club was erected in 1892 on the grounds of Paris’ first air-balloon launching field. It was imagined as a home to the Thiers Foundation that welcomed 450 brilliant scholars between 1893 and 1980, from Georges Huisman to Michel Foucault, Pierre Nora or Maurice Duverger among others.
While entirely redesigned to welcome the club, the building proudly bares traces of its industrious origins, especially in the bar where the library set in the former study has been preserved.
Since 1991, the house has been partially open for guests who wished to stay overnight, a decision which enabled the Club to offer services equivalent to those of the best luxury hotels.
In 2009 the Bertrand family who owns the Club decided to renovate the property and followed the poetic and witty vision of Bambi Sloan, an extraordinary decorator who gave the institution the feel of an extravagant family home.
To welcome friends, invite clients or to meet with other members, there is space for every need at the Saint James Club.